Cabanas on Nellies Beach, Labadee (how many guests)

jaadance30

Either I'm not looking in the right place, or I can't find it.. but I'm trying to find out how many people can use a cabana.  We are a family of 11.  We will never all be in the cabana, more like a home base.... but how many are allowed, and how much are additional people?  if there is a cost for additional people, what do you get for that?

Per this article @Matt wrote about a year ago, the cabanas can have up to 6 people total.

In regards to [making reservations with] the online system, make sure you are only selecting one person in your party when making the reservation online. Don't worry, the rest of your group will be allowed in as the reservation is good for up to 6 people.

I don't believe there is any option to pay for additional people, as the 6-person limit is purely a function of the physical space you have available. I think Matt or someone else said that you could probably fit 8 in a cabana as long as they don't mind it being a little tight in there, but two people will likely have to be standing the whole time.

As long as you just plan to use the cabana as a "home base" for sub-groups of people to meet up or regroup before going to another activity or lunch or whatever, it should be OK. If the whole gang of 11 needs to get together, you may have to do that at the entrance walkway rather than in the cabana itself. Not sure how the cabana attendants will feel if you want to have 11 people's personal belongings all dropped there, but talk with them and see what they say.

And be prepared to tip the attendant generously. :10_wink:

6 is the limit, although if you had a few extra I've seen them not to mind.  

There's no additional cost, it's more of a policy to keep it being reasonable than anything else. If you had 8 or so, doubt anyone says anything.  If you have 20, probably going to be have an issue.