Cococay questions

We’ve been to Labadee a bunch but never CocoCay. That is scheduled to change next month (weather permitting).

Some questions.....

1. Is there a dedicated suites beach? Any upgraded food options?

2. Is there sufficient shade? Is it necessary to get a cabana or bungalow?

3. I see there is a water slide. Any height requirements for this? My little one is about 40.5 inches (102 cm for those of us in the rest of the world who use metric...)

4. On that subject, any recommendations for the little ones at this stop?

Thank you all. I’m not thrilled with the intinerary for this trip except for CocoCay..this trip is more about experiencing Quauntum class ship for the first time. I’m hopeful we’ll be able to make it ashore.

3 hours ago, constable145 said:

1. Is there a dedicated suites beach? Any upgraded food options?

Nope

2. Is there sufficient shade? Is it necessary to get a cabana or bungalow?

Yes, you can definitely find natural shade towards the back of any of the beaches.

I like the bungalow a lot, but it's not necessary.  Just a nice perk.  You can read about it here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/03/31/spotlight-cococay-beach-bungalows

3. I see there is a water slide. Any height requirements for this?

I had heard there is a 48 inch height restriction on the Aqua Park-Caylana's Castle Cove and Water Slide

4. On that subject, any recommendations for the little ones at this stop?

Since you have young kids, I like the bungalow option as a spot with plenty of shade, and also a refuge for snacking, napping, and otherwise taking a break.

While there is no suites beach, there is a suites area where the cabanas are located.  This area has a bar and offers an upgraded buffet (at least they say it's upgraded.  I've never been to the "regular" buffet so I can't compare).  This area also has bathrooms.  If you're not planning on being in the water that much, it's a nice area but waaayyy smaller than the suites area on Labadee.