Royal Caribbean App

Peg

Guest toodle68

I can't speak for the new ships, but on the older ones, no.  We just came off of Freedom and with 6 of us in 3 cabins, we just planned ahead and set times we were meeting.

Royal iQ does have a communication ability, but it has an extra cost to it.  So you don't need to buy an internet package, but you would need to pay extra for the ability to chat on it. I'd argue your money is better spent on an internet package or just texting (even while roaming). 

Here's a good overview of how to stay in touch while on a cruise: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/27/how-stay-touch-someone-your-royal-caribbean-cruise

58 minutes ago, UkuleleCruiser said:

Any word on whether Liberty uses this app? We were on it last year, eager to use the app to follow the Cruise Compass activities, and were disappointed that the app was not being used. (Note: Had a fabulous cruise anyway!)

Deployed fleet wide eventually but no dates have been given yet to my knowledge.

1 hour ago, UkuleleCruiser said:

Any word on whether Liberty uses this app? We were on it last year, eager to use the app to follow the Cruise Compass activities, and were disappointed that the app was not being used. (Note: Had a fabulous cruise anyway!)

The only ships that currently have the new app are Oasis, Allure and Serenade.