Oasis Jan 7, 2018

Hi y’all,

I have a question...I just booked the Jan 7 sailing on oasis for 2 adults and 2 kids...the insides and OV were showing unavailable, but then the inside gty popped up for $1900 for 4 of us...so I grabbed it. (Mostly because I REALLY want to finally see oasis)

immediately after booking, the insides, and ov were all showing unavailable for 4 people, EXCEPT the FI and FO...The price is showing for those (at $1666 pp) but if you click to book either category, they show unavailable. 

So I guess my question is, where do y’all think this gty “could” end up...? I’m content with the inside, but I have a feeling that there’s none left.

cabin hasn’t been assigned yet (I only booked about 40 hours ago) but I’m very intrigued by this situation.

any insight?

Probably an inside.  Cruise lines don't sell IGT rooms intending to upgrade them, they sell them to fill the remaining inside rooms.  If inside rooms are showing as sold out then that is including the GTY rooms that they sold as well.  While an upgrade is certainly possible, I wouldn't bet on it.

Welcome to the blog forum and enjoy your cruise!

It's hard to answer your question.  In my experience, a vast majority of the time, if you book a guarantee room, you will get that category (inside guarantee = inside room, balcony guarantee = balcony, etc).  It's possible to be upgraded, but it's not something I would spend much time thinking about since chances are so low.

Like airlines sometimes a cruise line might oversell a room category if they know they have excess capacity in another category.  A recent OV GTY turned into a balcony for me.  As they try to sell the ship to capacity it's easier to sell certain cabin types. 

They have it down to a science.  Expect to sail in the cabin booked but you never know until you see an assigned cabin.