Specialty Dining Lunch on Embarkation Day

Scatmanjack

I think it's just the craziness of the boarding process with all the lines and knowing that you have to be at restaurant by time X... (lugging around your carry-on's too...) One computer glitch, customs officer with an attitude, or similar and all you plans could have a wrench thrown in them...

2 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

I think it's just the craziness of the boarding process with all the lines and knowing that you have to be at restaurant by time X... (lugging around your carry-on's too...) One computer glitch, customs officer with an attitude, or similar and all you plans could have a wrench thrown in them...

Generally, embarkation is pretty easy, especially if you arrive early.  If you are at the cruise terminal by 10:30-11am, you will be among the first onboard and making your reservation isn't difficult.

Still, if it gives you hesitation because of logistics of getting there, you can always opt to see if they have room once you board the ship.  Reservations in advance are nice, but not always totally necessary.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 9:51 AM, Scatmanjack said:

...Or fog delays getting the ship in. Or Port Authority messes getting people boarded. 

I don't know if Vision does this (They probably do), but Liberty has a galley tour and brunch usually on the last sea day. It was $35, and wonderful. But you couldn't sign up prior to the cruise. They have a flyer, but we always make sure to tell the poor waitstaff hustling for specialty dining sign ups in the Windjammer on Embarkation Day. Probably, you can do the same thing at any specialty restaurant, if you chose that for your embarkation option.