5 in cabin on Anthem

Jen32S

If you want to be in one room only then only the Family Junior Suite & Royal Family Suite can technically accommodate 5.  Or you could get creative and book connecting cabins.  Other suites are big enough but RC will say that they can only accommodate 4 because of the number of beds available.  I have even asked them if they can accommodate a rollaway bed in the suites that I know are big enough but the standard answer is "No, but you can ask your stateroom attendant once you get on board."  That to me makes no sense because with 3 kids you cannot take that chance.

There's one other option on Anthem that may or may not work for your family.  My kids are 9, 11 and I decided against it but it is the Family Connected Junior Suites.  Only the Quantum class ships have this set up.  Basically it is a block of 3 rooms (a Junior Suite, a Balcony room, and a solo inside cabin) connected by a small hallway.  The rooms themselves don't really connect though (that is why I decided against it).  You can book one, or two , or all of that block of 3 if it is available.

What ship are you looking at?  If you tell us what ship or class of ship, we can help with specific options.

One option is on Liberty and I believe other Freedom class ships have Family Oceanview staterooms. I haven't booked those as it only has 1 bathroom.

We are a family of 6 and we always get 2 connecting rooms. I have found those to be less expensive than a Suite. It can be tricky to find connecting rooms which is why I use a TA and try to book early.

It depends on the room.  There isn't a blanket category of room that can necessarily accommodate 5 or not (other than some of the larger suites, naturally).  When you look at the deck plans, you will often see indicators for which rooms have extra beds and whatnot.

I'm not sure if Royal does this, but NCL allows kids under 2 into cabins without counting then against the maximum capacity of the cabin. However, even if allowed, you're talking about a tight squeeze and only one bathroom. It might be worth considering two lower category connecting cabins than one that can accommodate all 5. 

7 hours ago, DocLC said:

I'm not sure if Royal does this, but NCL allows kids under 2 into cabins without counting then against the maximum capacity of the cabin. However, even if allowed, you're talking about a tight squeeze and only one bathroom. It might be worth considering two lower category connecting cabins than one that can accommodate all 5. 

From what I've heard RC does this for babies as well, but you can't do it online, it still only offers rooms with pullmans.  I'm considering calling about getting an ocean view on a higher deck on Oasis, which online doesn't allow.