ANOTHER Drink Package Question (Sorry!)

Kimberly7293

We'll be on the Explorer to Alaska in June, and I was curious if people have experience with the drink package on this particular cruise. Since it isn't the typical "fruity drink" destination, do people get their money's worth?  I'm not too worried about it, and not having to worry about the end-of-cruise surprise bill is a plus, but I do wonder...:35_thinking:

45 minutes ago, Kimberly7293 said:

We'll be on the Explorer to Alaska in June, and I was curious if people have experience with the drink package on this particular cruise. Since it isn't the typical "fruity drink" destination, do people get their money's worth?  I'm not too worried about it, and not having to worry about the end-of-cruise surprise bill is a plus, but I do wonder...:35_thinking:

I guess it’ll depend on your drinking style.  We did that cruise in June and we both had the drink package.  I’m not sure if we drank as much as we do in the Caribbean but I think we broke even. To use it was worth the price just for not having to worry about our bill.  We booked the cruise over a year out and had everything paid for before we sailed...Including Shore excursions, Airfare and our booze package.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going on Explorer myself in June '18 - on the Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise!

When I did an Alaska cruise on a different ship this past June I had the drink package.  I managed to utilize the package to the point it had value for me.  I drink a lot of water and would take two bottles with me on excursions.  I had more specialty coffee than I might in the Caribbean.  I'm usually good for two glass of wine during dinner and two cocktails in the evenings at shows and not what.  Throw in some beers and a martini here and there and I'm confident I did better than breaking even.  I like not having to worry about it, or questioning should I have another, or trying a certain drink I haven't had before.  

We have four sea days on Explorer plus three long days in port where you can do an excursion, come back to the ship for a meal,  then go self exploring after that.  At lunch a glass of white wine or a beer goes down easy.  I would consider this cruise a DPFI - Drink Package Friendly Itinerary.