Behind the scenes tour- Is it worth the $

MarcMcD

20 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I have this in my Cruise Planner for both of my upcoming cruises: Freedom (147 days out), and Anthem (344 days out!). Freedom was something like $85 per person, Anthem a bit more ($95?).

I have Anthem booked for 3 cruises.  The B2B in December 2017 have a price of $99, weeks later in January 2018 its $79.  For my Freedom cruise next week, it was never offered in the CP.

How odd.

Thursday, the day my TA gets back to me and says she called and RC says that Oasis doesn't have that activity, it shows up on the website.  Seriously??

It's $119, so I think I'm going to hold off until BF and see if any good discounts show up.

I really can't understand just how jumbled up RC is WRT their own people on the phones, the website, and the TA.

4 hours ago, Floski said:

Thursday, the day my TA gets back to me and says she called and RC says that Oasis doesn't have that activity, it shows up on the website.  Seriously??

It's $119, so I think I'm going to hold off until BF and see if any good discounts show up.

I really can't understand just how jumbled up RC is WRT their own people on the phones, the website, and the TA.

It was $119 on Harmony in September, which is cheaper than it's its been before.  On another cruise line the price varies based on length of cruise.  How does that make any sense?  Same tour.  

I imagine cruise lines have a dart board in the crew bar that somehow influences pricing.

Well, Hot Dang! I am interested. My wife and I are cruising on Liberty in February, and just booked our shore excursions this last weekend. I've always wanted to do the ship tour. We are cruising with my parents this time, and my dad is really a nerd. he would love it. I will have to check with them about the walking, but I bet they'd dig it. I have done the galley tour combined with a special brunch, and plan on booking that again. I have never seen the brunch/galley tour offered on the website. We had to book it on the ship. But that wasn't hard: I just asked in the steakhouse when we walked on the ship. 

12 minutes ago, UkuleleCruiser said:

Well, Hot Dang! I am interested. My wife and I are cruising on Liberty in February, and just booked our shore excursions this last weekend. I've always wanted to do the ship tour. We are cruising with my parents this time, and my dad is really a nerd. he would love it. I will have to check with them about the walking, but I bet they'd dig it. I have done the galley tour combined with a special brunch, and plan on booking that again. I have never seen the brunch/galley tour offered on the website. We had to book it on the ship. But that wasn't hard: I just asked in the steakhouse when we walked on the ship. 

Mr @UkuleleCruiser, I haven't seen you on here in a while, or I'm just not reading the right posts.