Parental consent form for 17 year old

Rede411

I can answer that while I never had to show the travel consent form,  I was advised to have one for my minor children since my husband wasn't cruising.   I totally think that you should have one for the boyfriend, since he is a, minor traveling to another country.   If anything comes up, you will definitely want that form.   My 18 year old was able to go to the bars and nightclubs but was not served on the ship.   Jane

I always advise folks to contact the cruise line.  My experience is limited to another cruise line but I've sailed three times with a minor child who was not my own.  Two went easy, one not so much but we eventually got on.  Same circumstances, just a different check in person.   Be careful taking advice from strangers on the internet, talk to the cruise line and do everything they mention.  Don't assume.  

US Immigration on one occasion took particular interest on our return and we spent an hour in secondary after disembarking.