European Itineraries are announced today -- but why?

JLMoran

So Celebrity announced today that their 2019 European itineraries are now available for purchase. Being the cruise newbie I am, I'm curious if this is their normal time of year to do this or if this is an outlier due to the debut of Edge in their lineup.

I know being sister companies with Royal doesn't automatically mean that they would or necessarily should align their itinerary announcements, but it does seem an odd time to announce these, as opposed to March/April, when Royal typically releases their European and all other itineraries. Does this mean that 2019 Caribbean sailing will come soon for Celebrity, and then the more exotic destinations?

I'd have to really dig to see if it's any different than when they've announced in the past.  That in mind I'm not sure they have any need to "sync" the timing of announcements from the different brands - in fact, reaching different demographics, they may want to do this at different times.  Celebrity aims less for families and runs much more tonnage in Europe.  

Factors, outside of marketing, may or may not include the Edge (and Beyond) as well as Celebrity Revolution.