Dining Package - 4 nights - Mariner of the Seas

Hello,

Diamond Plus but we normally eat in the main dining room with the exception of Chops for one night or lunch.  Current price is around $215 all inclusive per person including tip and since I am taking my daughter this time instead of the wife I want to treat her to the unlimited dining package for all 4 nights.  Cruise isn't until January but wondering what a good price is per person rather than a % discount which get manipulated all the time like the drink package does.  Any help with pricing and when I should pull the trigger would be appreciated.  I know about Black Friday but that is a long way off.  Hoping I can get better than what is being offered now and hoping someone on Mariner in 2024 can provide some tips.  Thanks in advance.  

As a D+ member, you should be aware of the whole" book at a price you are comfortable with" mantra of Royal. The only time the UDP becomes cheap is BF and even then, that is not a guarantee. I have been on Mariner this year and honestly, I wouldn't do the UDP as there aren't enough specialty restaurants to make it worth it. 

12 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

As a D+ member, you should be aware of the whole" book at a price you are comfortable with" mantra of Royal. The only time the UDP becomes cheap is BF and even then, that is not a guarantee. I have been on Mariner this year and honestly, I wouldn't do the UDP as there aren't enough specialty restaurants to make it worth it. 

I get that.  Just hoping for a little insider tip.  It's only 4 days and has hibachi so we're good to go along with Chops and Jaime's.  Thanks for the BF advice.  That's what I need. 

I'd grab it now and keep your eye on the price...keep in mind your price includes gratuities and future prices may not. Always make sure you know the total price before canceling and re-purchasing if you see a lower price.

Mariner is a good ship for UDP imo. They have Playmakers where you will get a $20/day credit per person and also Johnny Rockets plus Izumi sushi so you have lunch options. You can dine as long as they are open which sometimes they are even if it's a port day.

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'd grab it now and keep your eye on the price...keep in mind your price includes gratuities and future prices may not. Always make sure you know the total price before canceling and re-purchasing if you see a lower price.

Mariner is a good ship for UDP imo. They have Playmakers where you will get a $20/day credit per person and also Johnny Rockets plus Izumi sushi so you have lunch options. You can dine as long as they are open which sometimes they are even if it's a port day.

Thank you.  It went down to $168 today gratuities included so that makes it a no-brainer.  Thank you for your help.  I think there are plenty of specialty places onboard for 4 days so this is great.  Never been to Playmakers so that will make it even more fun.  Thank you again.