Vancouver/Alaska Questions

Do the shops and restaurants in Vancouver take US Dollars?  

We will be staying near the central park area for a couple of nights and then looks like were docked for 2 days.

Any recommendations on food and bars? Or things to do. 

Thanks

It will obviously vary by business. Some will and some won’t. Just like how not all businesses in Seattle accept Canadian currency. Those that will take them aren’t going to do you any favors with the exchange rate. Just use a card, it’s much easier

Vancouverite here. Many retailers will, many won't, I know that doesn't really help you. Debit and credit are most common to use, cash is not used that much. Just take your cards it will be the easiest, same as when we go into the States. 

49 minutes ago, Cory said:

Do the shops and restaurants in Vancouver take US Dollars?  

We will be staying near the central park area for a couple of nights and then looks like were docked for 2 days.

Any recommendations on food and bars? Or things to do. 

Thanks

When you say central park area, I am going to guess you mean Stanley Park. For restaurants there will be a ton to choose from, some very typical Vancouver/Canada elevated dining would be places like The Keg, Cactus Club, Earls. If you want to splurge Hawksworth is nice, Gotham for a splurgy steakhouse. Then again, when I say splurge, I am speaking in Canadian rubles, your Freedom dollars will go a lot further. Joe Fortes for some seafood. There are lots of good Japanese places as well, Miku is a great sushi place right by the cruise terminal at Canada place. 

Definitely lots of options for food. 

As far as things to do, I don't know when you will be here but expect lots of rain right now. You can check out Capilano Suspension bridge if you want a day outside, art gallery is downtown if you are into that. If the weather is nice and you are staying near Stanley park you can walk or rent bikes and go around the sea wall. Canada's best aquarium is also in Stanley Park. 

You can take an Uber all around downtown. Taking the Seabus to North Vancouver Lonsday Quay is really nice, its a 15 minute ferry ride that will cost you a few bucks, and once across there is a market, and some really nice breweries and restaurants!

I hope you enjoy your stay!