We have the Key - do I still need to reserve an early check in spot?

We have The Key for our Wonder sailing departing Sunday. When I did online check in weeks ago the earliest slot I could get was 12:30 boarding. A couple days ago we got an email stating Key holders should board no later than noon, preferably by 11:30, to enjoy lunch. We’re going to plan to get to the dock around 11 and see if we can board. There’s supposed to be signage for Key priority access. 

Ports may have different procedures and different port workers may have their own way of doing things…but…

If you have the Key, there should be signage directing you where to go. I have had the Key many times in the past and the only time I had a worker try to turn me away because my boarding pass had a later arrival time, I just went to a different worker who pointed me to the correct line for early entry. After checking in at a kiosk, I made sure the worker directing passengers where to sit knew I had the Key and she sent me to the right row.

With the Key…you have early check in and early boarding. This is so that you can take advantage of the perks. Dropping off your carry on isn’t a perk if the rooms are already open. Boarding after the Key lunch is over would be a waste. Those perks, along with the internet and early walk off priority, are the reasons I got the Key in the past. But, you need to make sure whoever is directing passengers knows you have the Key. Sometimes it’s not easy to see on the boarding pass.