Labor Day Sale? ? ? ?

I have been tracking the prices of Symphony of the Seas sailings since early March.  Every day I have gone on the RCI web site and logged the price of a 7 night Western Med Balcony stateroom on 21 April (maiden voyage) and the same type of stateroom on the trans-Atlantic on Oct 28.  I have also tracked the Ultimate drinks package (for 2) and 2 device Surf & Stream Voom.  Yes, I know it's a bit of OCD, but I am intrigued by numbers.

In the last week the Western Med prices have fluctuated up as much as up 6.7% on a day to down 1.5% on another day.  Right now, it is up almost GBP £200.00 from the same time last week.  The Trans-atlantic has gone up 11.75% over this weekend alone.  If there is a Labor Day sale in the US, could it be that they are paying for this sale by raising prices in other markets that do not celebrate this holiday?  Will I see the same thing over Thanksgiving?

Drinks prices, as many others have been reporting, have been at full price for some time now.  They were 20% off until June 19th.  Then they went up 20.69% to full price (a GBP £170 increase for 2).  There has been no wavering from this price since then, not even for exchange rate adjustments.  GBP £800.28 which equals about USD $1032.36 or USD $73.74 pppn (GBP £57.16).

VOOM Surf & Stream 2 device has been the same price since 6 June.  GBP £118.53 which equals about USD $152.90 or USD $21.84 per day (GBP £16.93).  (exchange rate used for this comparison is USD $1.29 / GBP.

What are the prices looking like in the USA for this weekend?

Hope you all have a nice Labor Day.  (boy, I sure do miss it)

Smoke and Mirrors as it has been referred to many times regarding Royal's "sales"

While there will be a few ppl that find a better price...for the majority it seems that the sales are not lower/cheaper than what you booked. While I don't track them as close ly as you do, I have booked 10 cruises in 4 years with them so I am a pretty regular checker on the prices and sales...and at the end of the day, no matter how they spin or sell it..it usually works out to be about the same price every time!

Best advice I can give is to not look or book with Royal directly as some travel sites can offer better pricing and perks  I have learned the hard way!