Dynamic dining rolling out to Oasis class

mike

As the title suggests, I received an email from RCCL about this change coming to the whole class. Oasis class ships will no longer have MDR, and will be switching to full on Quantum style dynamic dining. There has been discussion here about the love and hate with the idea. Any thoughts on this? Personally the only thing I would miss is a more personal dining experience via the same wait staff each night, though that is hardly make or break for me. I have to wonder if they had an outpouring of support, or if they just have that much faith in dynamic dining.

I tend to agree Matt. I think i see more pro's than cons. While i would miss more personalized service. Being able to choose from 3 distinctly different venues for free is great. Well perhaps not so much if you're the type when asked by your spouse "where do you want to go for dinner?" you respond "i dunno" hehe. IMO thats a good problem to have :P .

• 2 weeks later...

I greatly prefer the standard dining, and enjoy getting to know new people and the wait staff during the week.  I think this is a huge mistake, personally, and wish that they would have left some form of the standard dining behind when they did this.  I also enjoyed not having to plan everything out, and one of the luxuries of a cruise is that the dining was something I didn't have to think about, just show up at the same place, at the same time every day, and enjoy a great meal.   I'm going on Oasis for two cruises this month, and was happy to hear it won't be instated unti May, 2015.  Next time, I may go back to Freedom or a smaller ship.

I greatly prefer the standard dining, and enjoy getting to know new people and the wait staff during the week.  I think this is a huge mistake, personally, and wish that they would have left some form of the standard dining behind when they did this.  I also enjoyed not having to plan everything out, and one of the luxuries of a cruise is that the dining was something I didn't have to think about, just show up at the same place, at the same time every day, and enjoy a great meal.   I'm going on Oasis for two cruises this month, and was happy to hear it won't be instated unti May, 2015.  Next time, I may go back to Freedom or a smaller ship.

You stated my feelings exactly.  Any cruises that are Dynamic Dining only won't be under consideration in this household.  We have an upcoming Jewel cruise, plus I'd like to do a Freedom-class and Adventure again, but those are off the table should they go DD.

I have to admit, it's even caused me to look at other cruise lines...I have the feeling a Princess cruise may be in my future.  Time will tell.

Yep, no plans to try DD anytime soon (hoping I really did dodge a bullet on Freedom next year and don't get caught in an RCI "oops we said it but we didn't mean it" incident).

We have enough arguments at home over where and when to eat dinner, that's one of the things I love about cruising is not having to think about it.

You stated my feelings exactly. Any cruises that are Dynamic Dining only won't be under consideration in this household. We have an upcoming Jewel cruise, plus I'd like to do a Freedom-class and Adventure again, but those are off the table should they go DD.

I have to admit, it's even caused me to look at other cruise lines...I have the feeling a Princess cruise may be in my future. Time will tell.

At this point its just the 2 newest classes, so unless it is just a HUGE hit I doubt it will roll out to freedom class or smaller.