Back up excursion?

Hello! I currently have the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon tour reserved for our June sailing. They have that excursion cancelled through this month currently with no word on the next few months so far. My question is, is there any issue with me booking an alternative excursion now just in case they end up cancelling Blue Lagoon later, and if not, I can cancel whichever one we don’t want to keep? I just don’t want to end up getting a late cancellation and having other choices no longer available.

I'm just not sure how it works with RC...it may not let you book two at the same time for the same people, kind of like when you try to book two activities at the same time, it throws up a red flag and keeps you from doing it. That said, give it a shot for sure and if it lets you...do it. Then you have up to a few days before the day of the excursion to cancel one of them. The other option is book the 2nd one through Viator or another 3rd party company...most of them have cancellation policies that allow them up to a certain time, just look into that part first. 

Thank you for the replies! I was able to book the alternative excursion with Royal. We can now wait and see what they will do with the Blue Lagoon excursions or we may decide to just go with the alternative which is Baha Mar. Anyone done both the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon and gone to Baha Mar(separate sailings)? If so, which one did you like best?