Question re Allure 1K (Ultra Spacious OV)- the good, the bad, and the ugly

Hi there 👋 I've just booked a post-amplification (2025) 7-night Med cruise on Allure, room 11128. Up until this point, we have only stayed in ocean view balcony rooms. However, with two teenagers, we definitely need the space, but a suite is a bit too expensive for my taste. Does anyone have first-hand experience with these rooms on Oasis class ships, particularly the port or starboard facing ultra spacious ocean view rooms? I'm specifically curious about whether the bridge noise is noticeable and other potential downsides with this category/location. 

Appreciate any insights from the community!

image.png.595c61516eb5e54e5bd8f36658394066.png

9 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

if it’s possible to change I’d consider 2 cabins

Thanks for chiming in, two rooms may work. I will price this out but there will be a single suppliment to consider with two rooms. There are only three of us and we all share one bathroom now, so that is nothing new, but a great point!

I did watch a few videos but they don't really dive into the negatives- just tour the room, which looks perfect, but I am leary. I am reading Lovetocruise2002's Independence blog now to learn about their experience in a 1K.

4 hours ago, TessFromFlorida said:

Thanks for chiming in, two rooms may work. I will price this out but there will be a single suppliment to consider with two rooms. There are only three of us and we all share one bathroom now, so that is nothing new, but a great point!

I did watch a few videos but they don't really dive into the negatives- just tour the room, which looks perfect, but I am leary. I am reading Lovetocruise2002's Independence blog now to learn about their experience in a 1K.

Didn’t realize you were 3 people.  That’s not so bad!  The price for 2 cabins will likely kill you, but definitely can’t hurt to look.  When I was looking at cabins/sharing I considered deck 8 where at least there was a public restroom nearby if needed!🤣

So, I priced out 2 cabins but both kids are under 21 and even if I could get around that, it is >2k more, which I would rather spend on excursions. I hit the 24 hour back out now or you lose $100 ticking clock in just a few hours, so I think I will stick with the 1K- how bad could it possibly be? Appreciate the advice- I have learned a ton from this community.

1 minute ago, TessFromFlorida said:

So, I priced out 2 cabins but both kids are under 21 and even if I could get around that, it is >2k more, which I would rather spend on excursions. I hit the 24 hour back out now or you lose $100 ticking clock in just a few hours, so I think I will stick with the 1K- how bad could it possibly be? Appreciate the advice- I have learned a ton from this community.

I think 3 in a cabin is great.  You’ll have tons of room!

I've stayed in both 11128 and 11528 on Allure. I didn't hear any noise. In fact, this was one of the quietest cabins I've ever been in. I think because it is in the very front of the ship, very few people will venture this far. 

Pros: the cabins are huge. There is a very nice and huge walk in closet. These rooms have two windows, so lots of natural light. 

Cons: the couch was so far away from the TV that you couldn't really watch it, not that we watch much TV on a cruise. No full length mirrors (which I've always had on other cabins, even lowly inside ones). Very long walk to the back of the ship for dinner/boardwalk/windjammer.

I would totally sail in this cabin again if the price wasn't so high. If you have any other questions, let me know.

50 minutes ago, jupiter03 said:

If you have any other questions, let me know.

THANK YOU! I really appreciate you sharing your experience. The in-room TVs on Allure are already pretty small in standard cabins, but I did notice the placement wasn't ideal in this cabin. Not a big deal- it is a port intensive itinerary, so we will be wiped out come evening time. You answered my big question regarding noise. Compared to booking two cabins, this came in as a much better deal and I take advantage of 10% off Royal Caribbean gift certificates through AARP so it comes in just several hundred more than the OVB we booked last summer. If I have any cabin-specific questions, I will message- thanks again!