Diamond+ question

I will be traveling with my sister. She is a Diamond+ member, I am a complete newbie who has never sailed with RCL before. Considering we will be sharing a cabin, will I receive the same Diamond+ benefits that she is entitled to?

51 minutes ago, warrenz1963 said:

I will be traveling with my sister. She is a Diamond+ member, I am a complete newbie who has never sailed with RCL before. Considering we will be sharing a cabin, will I receive the same Diamond+ benefits that she is entitled to?

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

Unfortunately you will not receive a cabin mate's CAS benefits.  Benefits are unique to the individual.

Like @twangster said, the benefits are specific to the individual, however your sister can use here "diamond vouchers" to purchase drinks for you if she is not using all her vouchers.  We did that recently on a cruise with my in-laws.  My wife and I are Diamond, so we all got the soda package and just got my in-laws the few "mocktails" they wanted during the trip. Event then, we never used the 8 total vouchers a day we had access to.  At some point, we may even drop the soda package, but if you get it at the right price, it's hard to pass up.  We don't drink alcohol and have to watch the sugar, but I can put a way some iced coffee at the cafe!  

Good Luck!

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

Unfortunately you will not receive a cabin mate's CAS benefits.  Benefits are unique to the individual.

So this means we would have separate boarding times?

11 minutes ago, warrenz1963 said:

since you are in the same room, you would board together.  When someone does the check in, they can do it for all the cruisers in the room and pick the check in times together.  I don't believe D+ gets a special check in, but I am only Diamond.  

Good Luck!

20 minutes ago, warrenz1963 said:

Check in times are not rigidly enforced but D+ boarding could be.

Understand the check in time is per cabin and there is no advantage for D+ members.  Once the check in process opens up, usually around 45 days from the sail date, anyone can select a check in or arrival to the terminal time.

IF you have an early arrival time AND IF the ship has not started boarding yet once you have been checked in on boarding day, then boarding will start with suites and pinnacles, then D+, the D and so on until everyone can board.  In reality there is a 5 minute difference typically between boarding groups and it only applies if you were early enough to be there before the ship commenced boarding.  In this scenario they often look at everyone's setsail pass and your setsail pass will not indicate D+.  Sometimes this means the terminal staff will ask you to wait until your group is called. 

IF the ship has already commenced boarding once you are checked in at the terminal then there is no D+ advantage.  At this point everyone who has completed check in can board regardless of status.

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

In this scenario they often look at everyone's setsail pass and your setsail pass will not indicate D+. 

The SetSail pass may not say D or D+ but it does show up in the color of the pass (at least when I see it in my Apple Wallet).

26 minutes ago, Mturk said:

The SetSail pass may not say D or D+ but it does show up in the color of the pass (at least when I see it in my Apple Wallet).

My son's setsail does not match my color when we share a cabin.  He is platinum and so is his setsail pass.  The word "Platinum" is plainly visible.  

This screen shot has my setsail pass off to the left in my native color while my son's setsail pass is clearly platinum color.

image.thumb.jpeg.0dcfa0d6ae9f0fa8b7ed5b814da619ab.jpeg

YMMV

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Check in times are not rigidly enforced but D+ boarding could be.

Understand the check in time is per cabin and there is no advantage for D+ members.  Once the check in process opens up, usually around 45 days from the sail date, anyone can select a check in or arrival to the terminal time.

IF you have an early arrival time AND IF the ship has not started boarding yet once you have been checked in on boarding day, then boarding will start with suites and pinnacles, then D+, the D and so on until everyone can board.  In reality there is a 5 minute difference typically between boarding groups and it only applies if you were early enough to be there before the ship commenced boarding.  In this scenario they often look at everyone's setsail pass and your setsail pass will not indicate D+.  Sometimes this means the terminal staff will ask you to wait until your group is called. 

IF the ship has already commenced boarding once you are checked in at the terminal then there is no D+ advantage.  At this point everyone who has completed check in can board regardless of status.

This is all good to know, thank you so much!