Wonder of The Seas - May 5-12, 2024: Western Caribbean (PerfectDay, Mexico, Honduras, Mexico)

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Wonder of The Seas - May 5-12, 2024: Western Caribbean (PerfectDay, Mexico, Honduras, Mexico)
36 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

For those on this cruise, the entertainment reservations opened up today.

I saw it mentioned elsewhere that May Symphony cruises also had entertainment open. Sounds like I now have to keep an eye out for my upcoming Wonders far sooner than the old "early in the previous month" to which I had become accustomed (and/or keep an eye on the dreaded FB pages).

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 7:29 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

For those on this cruise, the entertainment reservations opened up today.

Yep, get 'em reserved.  We just got off a cruise yesterday, and without reservations, we were unable to see any shows.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  The app was just uncooperative.  Gone are the days of just showing up. And I get too, every cruise, every show, and every management team handles reservations and seating differently.

Fortunately, we were able to see the Aqua show and ice show, only because the C&A rep got involved. 

11 hours ago, WAYNO said:

Yep, get 'em reserved.  We just got off a cruise yesterday, and without reservations, we were unable to see any shows.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  The app was just uncooperative.  Gone are the days of just showing up. 

This isn't true in my experience. There are standby lines for every show. We had reservations for the ice show (my favorite) on Wonder the week before you sailed and decided to go on a different night. We showed up 30 mins before the show and walked right in (they let us in early for whatever reason, normally standby is let in 10-15 mines before the show). Adult Comedy is the only one that may be tough to get into standby b/c the venue is smaller.

11 hours ago, WAYNO said:

Fortunately, we were able to see the Aqua show and ice show, only because the C&A rep got involved. 

FWIW, other than comedy, you didn't miss a ton, IMO. We hated Voices and Effectors II has some neat special effects but it's kind of slow for most of the show and more geared towards families with the superhero theme. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Marvel fan, but it's not that.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

We hated Voices 

UGH.  Us too.  All I could think of while I was watching it the first time was, "...are they really SO cheap now that they won't even have live music anymore...".  We liked Effectors II but once was enough.  I made reservations but doubt that we will go.

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We liked Effectors II but once was enough.  I made reservations but doubt that we will go.

Funny you say that. I remember liking Effectors (not loving it) the first time we saw it. Like you, I reserved it for our 2nd Wonder cruise just for the heck of it and we wound up going... and for some reason we didn't like it that time except for the ending. Maybe b/c we had already seen it. Who knows?

Going forward, we'll only see Adult Comedy, the headliner depending on who it is, and possibly the ice show which we love but I'm not sure how many times I'll want to see it even though we loved it.