Onboard booking bonus

BB1

it all depends on the sailing. This morning I was looking at a 3 night sailing out of Los Angeles and there was no onboard credit included with that sailing (maybe because it is only 3 nights??). I also looked at a 7 night sailing out of Los Angeles and it included $225 onboard credit. The best advice is to do a "mock booking" on the Royal Caribbean website. Enter the ship and sail date you are interested in. The amount of onboard credit (it any) will be shown.

Oh!  I thought you were referring to the current promotion royal Caribbean is offering (Up to $600 onboard credit when booking a new cruise).  Were you asking about the onboard credit you will receive if you book a future cruise while on a cruise?  If so, then yes, JohnK6404 is right.

You may already know this, but if you book a future cruise while on a cruise you will get the onboard credit plus any promotion Royal Caribbean is currently offering.  For example, if booking a 7 night cruise in a balcony room, the onboard credit would be $100.  The current promotion would also include $225 onboard credit, for a total of $325 onboard credit.  That's a great deal.  But, who knows what (if any) promotion will be offered during your sailing.  If there was no onboard credit promotion offered at the time of your sailing, you would only get $100 onboard credit by waiting to book on the ship vs. you would get $225 onboard credit by booking today.  In that case, booking today would be a better deal.  Waiting to book while on the cruise is a gamble re: onboard credit.  You might want to check out the price and onboard credit offered today for the sailing you are interested in.  You may or may not get a better deal by booking now.