Busyness during Halloween week cruise?

Hey all, booked on Icon during Halloween week. I'm just curious, not that it matters either way, but anyone know how generally busy is that week as far as being kid-heavy? Is that a holiday lots of people cruise on like other holidays such as Christmas or Labor Day? Just wondering since it's not a federal holiday or anything so no one generally gets it off by default from work or school.

I have sailed on Halloween and feel like it's a regular sailing with extra decorations.

However it might fall within a KSF promotion, so it could be heavy with children.

I will be honest I sail primarily Oct/early Nov, Jan/Feb. Those times are usually less children but now they can have as many children as a summer cruise.

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have sailed on Halloween and feel like it's a regular sailing with extra decorations.

However it might fall within a KSF promotion, so it could be heavy with children.

I will be honest I sail primarily Oct/early Nov, Jan/Feb. Those times are usually less children but now they can have as many children as a summer cruise.

Interesting. Like I said, doesn't really matter either way, but good to know! Were there themed events like costume parties or anything outside the decorations?

On our Halloween cruises they have a lot of folks dressed up, decorations out and parties with best costume prizes and recognition. Love boarding the ship with my big T-Rex head on, strolling the promenade sipping a drink from a long straw and having fun. πŸ˜ƒπŸ•·οΈπŸ•ΈοΈπŸ¦–

We just sailed Wonder over Halloween last year. Excellent atmosphere (our 2nd Halloween cruise)... I did not notice an unusual amount of kids onboard. Certainly less than when we sail in May, but probably typical for sailings during the school year. Since most schools do not have a break for Halloween, the parents would have to pull their kids out of school for that sailing.