Cozumel - House by the Beach

My family is going on Liberty of the Seas in April and we have a stop in Cozumel. None of us have been before and we were looking at excursions last night and came across "The House by the Beach (Adults Only)" being advertised on Royal's website. I hadn't seen this one before and can't find much information online about it, other than some old reviews from what looks to be a Carnival trip in 2017. 

I was wondering if anyone here had done this excursion before and how your experience was. We ended up booking it since it sounds like a fun and relaxing day but wanted to get some opinions from anyone who has been before.

I just started researching this. Also cruising Royal Caribbean, but in December. There is an adults only shore excusion called La Casa en La Playa, which is the exact translation of the house on the beach. However, according to everything I can find on the internet (see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZh8HCx-O0&t=44s), this excursion is exclusive only to Carnival Cruise lines. So we are trying to figure out if it is the same place as in the video and if it is worth it.

Hello,

My husband and I went on the excursion two weeks ago. It was one of the best excursions we have been on. The excursion is new to Royal Caribbean. It used to be exclusive to Carnival, but they hope to continue servicing Royal Caribbean. They limit the amount of people on the excursion to avoid overcrowding. They only service Carnival and Royal Caribbean and it is not open to the public.  When we arrived only seven people were there from a different ship and they left an hour before our group had to leave. Our group only had 13 people so 20 people at one time. However, it felt my husband and I were the only ones there.

It is spread out and it gave everybody the opportunity to have their private space. We were so spread out that I could not hear anybody's conversation. They have day beds and beach chair loungers. It is ocean front, but you will need to go down a ladder to get into the ocean. You will also need to wear a life jacket because it is deep water. If you zoom in on my pictures you can see the ladder. 

All of the drinks and food are included. They have a free presentation of a Mayan style hot sauce with chips to try. The have a separate Tequila bar to try the different flavors. They have samples of Mayan chocolate. They provided chips and Pico de Gallo before lunch. You can watch the chef prepare your food. The food is gourmet style and absolutely delicious. My husband ordered the chili relleno and I ordered the chicken mole. 

They have indoor bathrooms that are clean and nice, a pool, and hassle free, no pressure area to shop. My husband purchased an item from the store and we purchased chocolate. 

20240126_114135.jpg

20240126_114125.jpg

20240126_114124.jpg

20240126_112115.jpg

20240126_112105.jpg