UDP on Icon

I am wondering how UDP will work on Icon. There is a long list of places with upcharges, but the only two places that looks like the a la carte will work is Playmakers and PIER7. With 3 of us, we will have $60 to spend, but being limited to just Playmakers is not a great option. No Johnny Rockets, Mason Jar or Port Side BBQ.

Below is the list of places with charged food items. The only place on that list that is in the list of exclusions is Izumi in the park.

Basecamp
Desserted
Giovanni's Wine Bar (Snacks)
Izumi in the park (in the list of exclusions)
PIER7
Playmakers
Sugar Beach
Trellis Bar

Basecamp should work with UDP.

Giovannis Wine Bar snacks never have been included with UDP on other ships so I assume the same here.  I assume that means Trellis Bar won't as well.

We made the decision on boarding day to cancel UDP. We've done all the specialties on Royal so many times and really the only new covered places are Pier 7 and Basecamp, so we could ala carte those and come out ahead.

Plus I didn't want to be beholden to reservations with a new ship to explore.  Three days in and we are happy with the decision.

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Basecamp should work with UDP.

Giovannis Wine Bar snacks never have been included with UDP on other ships so I assume the same here.  I assume that means Trellis Bar won't as well.

We made the decision on boarding day to cancel UDP. We've done all the specialties on Royal so many times and really the only new covered places are Pier 7 and Basecamp, so we could ala carte those and come out ahead.

Plus I didn't want to be beholden to reservations with a new ship to explore.  Three days in and we are happy with the decision.

I'm thinking about canceling our UDP, too, for our March Icon cruise... Just not a whole lot of new specialty options...