Spa Specials

Welcome to Royal Caribbean Blog!

The exact spa specials onboard vary, but I've found the online specials to be on or around what's onboard.  It really depends on what you want. 

As an example, the $89 deep tissue massage is a pretty good price online, but onboard you may find a good deal on a combo deal that isn't available online. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Welcome to Royal Caribbean Blog!

The exact spa specials onboard vary, but I've found the online specials to be on or around what's onboard.  It really depends on what you want. 

As an example, the $89 deep tissue massage is a pretty good price online, but onboard you may find a good deal on a combo deal that isn't available online. 

Thank you for the warm welcome! Love the blog & podcast.

This is very helpful, what kind of combo deals have you seen out there? Like a massage & facial or something like that? 

3 hours ago, l9dance said:

Thank you for the warm welcome! Love the blog & podcast.

This is very helpful, what kind of combo deals have you seen out there? Like a massage & facial or something like that? 

Yes.  They usually have a "bundle" kind of offer where you can choose 3 services/procedures from a list of several and they package them together for a bundled price.  As you suggest...facial, back massage and foot massage (this is usually what I get !!).

As @RestingBirds mentioned, the best deals (IMO) are on port days since most people get off the ship and I suspect business is slow at those times.  That's usually when they run their bundled deals.  They also tend to vary by times of the day.  The earlier appointment times are the hardest for them to fill (I guess) and are often cheaper than those for the afternoon or early evening.

I'm not a huge spa person but I recommend that you wait until you're onboard unless you see a pre-cruise special online (I never have except when they run the very scarce cruise planner specials) as they tend to offer better discounts onboard - at least, that's what it seems like to me !

If you ever go to Costa Maya, be sure and get the beachside massage in Mahaual.  They are very very affordable (like $20 for an hour...you have to haggle though !!).  We always get them when we go.  In fact, we sometimes cruise just to go to Costa Maya just so that we can get a $20 beach massage.  How sick is that ??

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  They usually have a "bundle" kind of offer where you can choose 3 services/procedures from a list of several and they package them together for a bundled price.  As you suggest...facial, back massage and foot massage (this is usually what I get !!).

As @RestingBirds mentioned, the best deals (IMO) are on port days since most people get off the ship and I suspect business is slow at those times.  That's usually when they run their bundled deals.  They also tend to vary by times of the day.  The earlier appointment times are the hardest for them to fill (I guess) and are often cheaper than those for the afternoon or early evening.

I'm not a huge spa person but I recommend that you wait until you're onboard unless you see a pre-cruise special online (I never have except when they run the very scarce cruise planner specials) as they tend to offer better discounts onboard - at least, that's what it seems like to me !

If you ever go to Costa Maya, be sure and get the beachside massage in Mahaual.  They are very very affordable (like $20 for an hour...you have to haggle though !!).  We always get them when we go.  In fact, we sometimes cruise just to go to Costa Maya just so that we can get a $20 beach massage.  How sick is that ??

Wow thank you so much for the detailed information! I like the idea of a bundle package! I think that is what I will be on the look out for! I wish I was going to Costa Maya on this trip that sounds amazing! I have never head a beach side massage.  I am going to St Thomas, St maarten, and Nassau on this cruise next week!