Annual Cruise Insurance Policy~Who do you use? Recommend?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welp….that explains why I’ve never seen it.  We’ve always had the annual policy.

It must be new since they now also offer the rental car add on (which is really no different than buying separate) which I don't remember seeing.

Rental car is included in annual. Do you recall seeing that before?

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It must be new since they now also offer the rental car add on (which is really no different than buying separate) which I don't remember seeing.

Rental car is included in annual. You you recall seeing that before?

I’ll have to go look at this years policy.  I can’t recall.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:31 AM, Maggie M said:

Has anyone had any luck with Royal's Travel Protection Plan?

We used to use this very often.  It used to be very cheap, like $78 per cabin on an 1 week cruise.  Our thinking was bare bones policy for cheap.  It’s not so cheap anymore and I had one claim for cancellation where it took two months, many claim documents just to get a FCC, and multiple phone calls.  We’re no longer a fan.

We used Allianz for comprehensive single trip travel protection and when COVID hit they were a life saver.  Very good company.

Now we are older and travel a lot.  We’ve transitioned for GeoBlue annual medical only insurance.  The comprehensive travel insurance plans typically don’t cover health coverage well enough for us at a reasonable cost.

We want $1M+ coverage, police that acts as primary health insurer international, and one that pays providers directly (we can’t be stuck somewhere that wants $100K pre-pay for surgery/treatment), and one that fully covers air evac.  GeoBlue is under $200 pp for annual plan.  I can mitigate my own cancellations of airfare and hotels and am willing to roll the dice on cruise fare.  

Has anyone used the travel insurance that comes with your credit card? If so, which type of card and how was the experience?

I wasn't happy with my level of medical coverage from the plan I found on insuremytrip (my own fault for the plan I chose - I still like insuremytrip!) so I also bought a GeoBlue plan. Apparently the GeoBlue I bought comes with a little extra coverage, I think lost bags, so I started to feel like I might be able to make do with just GeoBlue and the coverage my card provides. I have a Chase Sapphire and the coverage seems pretty good, but I'd love to hear if anyone has actual experience using their included card insurance.