General Icon Questions/Chat

Looking a photos of IoS exterior, on the port side is a large rectangular "port" midships starting on about deck 5 and extend up past decks 6, 7 and 8 it appears. On the starboard side is is similar "port' but perhaps only 2 decks high.

Port side I think it aligns with 'The Pearl' and I am assuming these are ocean views from the promenade but I am not sure.

In some night time photos, this same rectangle appears to be lighted.

Anyone want comment.

1 hour ago, Ditchdoc said:

Looking a photos of IoS exterior, on the port side is a large rectangular "port" midships starting on about deck 5 and extend up past decks 6, 7 and 8 it appears. On the starboard side is is similar "port' but perhaps only 2 decks high.

Port side I think it aligns with 'The Pearl' and I am assuming these are ocean views from the promenade but I am not sure.

In some night time photos, this same rectangle appears to be lighted.

Anyone want comment.

It's the opening that people will walk through when embarking on the ship, I believe it opens up into the promenade. 

Think I found the answer after searching a bit.

Here are two renderings, the exterior looking in the large port where you can see The Pearl inside, and The Pearl on the promenade where you can see the large port behind.

As large as the "port" is, the lower portion may very well be doors onto the running track and the primary embark/debark to the vessel.

It is just a very distinguishing feature on the exterior of the ship and I was just trying to figure out its place in the overall scheme.

icon01.JPG

Icon1.JPG