Booking Celebrity Cruise on RCL, Celebrity web site, or travel agency

RCL Diamond member leaving in 2 weeks on a RCL cruise. I’ve never sailed with Celebrity, but found a cruise I like with them in April 2025. Since I’m sailing with RCL soon, would it be a good idea to book the Celebrity cruise at The RCL Next Cruise desk while on board? Other than the reduced deposit, is there a big advantage? Better deal? Thanks 

I just got done booking both RCL and Celebrity Next Cruise certificate on my Celebrity Beyond cruise in December.   It is the opposite of what you want to do but it should work the same way.  I did not know the cruise I wanted to book so I just got the certificates.  Yours should be easier if you know the cruise you want.  You will get the reduced deposit of $100, and the onboard credit based on the cabin type your book.  It helps them if you know the cruise you want because they are not used to working with the other cruise line.  What I found is there was a couple of agents on the ship that knew how to do the other cruise line and the others have never done it.