B2B Procedures Overseas

Last2Know

Does anyone have experience with back to back overseas that is will to share the do's and don'ts?  We are in planning mode for our first transatlantic with a follow-on 7 day Med cruise.  We have done several B2B in the States but never overseas.  We are planning an excursion for the turnover day but are concerned about scheduling too early and not being allowed off or having delays at the port.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

2 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

Unfortunately B2B experiences and protocols are VERY port and country specific. You will have a much better chance of getting a answer that will be relevant to you if you post the post you will be at 

Thanks.  We're sailing Explorer from Miami to Barcelona and then staying on for another cruise.  I am hoping someone can share the protocols for the B2B.

In theory you don't need to worry about the B2B protocols. You could disembark on your own as early as possible and then check in for the second cruise as late as possible. But the usual B2B protocol makes it easier as you don't need the full terminal security and check in.

Earlier this year my wife had an excursion on the turnover day in Barcelona, Spain. She got her new sea pass the day before and was told to leave the ship with the old one and scan the new one when returning. I'm not sure if that only worked because we travelled in star class or if it always works like that.

But in general if you book a Royal excursion on the turnover day they will ensure that you can actually go on the excursion.

7 hours ago, ckruetze said:

Earlier this year my wife had an excursion on the turnover day in Barcelona, Spain. She got her new sea pass the day before and was told to leave the ship with the old one and scan the new one when returning. I'm not sure if that only worked because we travelled in star class or if it always works like that.

I think the inter-porting helped with your situation. Barcelona is a normal port day for those that embarked in Rome so it wasn't unusual for someone to be getting off for the day.

If you do a normal B2B and want to leave the ship for the day ask for an in transit card with your new second leg SeaPass. Then you can bypass the check-in when you get back the ship. You still need to be onboard 90 mins prior the ship's sailaway like any normal embarkation.