Possible Problem

My wife and I have a cruise planned for early September 2017.  She has been having off and on knee problems for years.  She really needs a need replacement but want to wait till after she is the big 5 0 next year.  She is able to get around most days while wearing her knee brace.  Well, yesterday she is getting shooting pain and the doctor is telling her she might not be able to wait much longer.  I purchased the insurance from RCCL when paying for are cruise.  Does this cover something like this if she can't go because of surgery?

I never purchased insurance but I bet it would be covered with a letter from her doctor.  I would check the policy to see what situations are covered. My TA explained that these policies vary depending on who you purchased it from and what they cover.  I would review your policy but this certainly seems to be a situation that should be covered in any policy.  

It looks like you may have coverage under the cancel for any reason provision. However, unless there was some type of pre-existing waiver, it doesn't look like you'll be eligible for a full cash refund; read the policy to be sure. I've attached what I could find. Essentially, it says that if a conditioned worsened it required a visit to a doctor 60 days before the coverage was purchased, the condition isn't covered. 

Some policies (at least third party ones) waive pre-existing conditions of purchased within 14 days off initial deposit, but I don't know if Total has such a policy. If your wife did NOT see her doctor for her knee the two months before you bought the insurance, you should be okay, but again read the policy. Also, the insurance company will require the doctor to fill out forms confirming this before payment will be made. 

Best of luck with this and I hope your wife recovers from hey knee troubles. 

RCC_Version_4_9-2015.pdf