Athens Greece & Barcelona Spain Shore Excursions

SpicyCherry

We are considering an 12 Night itinerary on Infinity in November 2025. The cruise departs from Athens and concludes in Barcelona. Are there shore excursions available in Athens prior to departing, perhaps in the days prior or the day of even as well as excursions in Barcelona after debarkation?  Or is it best to book an independent tour? Anybody know???

54 minutes ago, Plasticbrain said:

There are loads of things to do both places. I would check Tripadvisor/Viator. When it comes to Barcelona some of my favourites are:

Park Guell

Tibidabo mountain 

The Beach

The zoo and citadel park 

Thanks….so is it safe to say, Celebrity doesn’t necessarily offer any excursions before or after, if you know??

9 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

Thanks….so is it safe to say, Celebrity doesn’t necessarily offer any excursions before or after, if you know??

That I do not know, but I doubt they offer anything precruise. They will probably offer a airport drip off the day of debarkation, but not if you are staying longer is my guess. This is only based on my experience with Royal

9 hours ago, Plasticbrain said:

That I do not know, but I doubt they offer anything precruise. They will probably offer a airport drip off the day of debarkation, but not if you are staying longer is my guess. This is only based on my experience with Royal

Thanks @Plasticbrain & @SMOKEY0202 That’s what I thought….I think they should start offering CruiseTours in Europe like they do in Alaska. That would be great!! A lot of people from the US tend to arrive in the departure city early and plan to stay in the city of disembarkation a few days so it would make sense. 

On 12/23/2023 at 10:13 AM, Plasticbrain said:

On our recent cruise from Barcelona they did offer a 3 night pre cruise stay, it was very expensive (in our opinion). Post cruise don't remember any overnight stays, just the usual airport drop off options.

On 12/23/2023 at 3:11 PM, SpicyCherry said:

Thanks @Plasticbrain & @SMOKEY0202 That’s what I thought….I think they should start offering CruiseTours in Europe like they do in Alaska. That would be great!! A lot of people from the US tend to arrive in the departure city early and plan to stay in the city of disembarkation a few days so it would make sense. 

Our TA booked Hotel Colon for us for 2 nights pre-cruise. Including airport transfer, it was about 500 US in Oct 22. It's  on the plaza by the cathedral.