San Juan hotel question

mom2mybugs

Hi everyone.  We are planning on staying one night in old Town San Juan before getting onto Rhapsody in June 2024!  So excited to have that and Alaska 2025 booked!  We want to simply walk around old Town, relax and have dinner (flying overnight the night before from Chicago).  We have narrowed down to la terreza de San Juan or Sheraton old San Juan, I think.  Anyone really like one of these? Or have something that isn't too run down in old Town?  Thanks! Jane

We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan last year.  The location cannot be beat.  We are able to walk around Old San Juan all afternoon and after dinner.  However, it is extremely dated, rooms are musty and run down.  My husband was not thrilled with me lol.  I thought it was fine and would do it again if the price was right.  It was expensive and very busy.  Elevators and the lobby in the morning will be packed.  We actually had a much nicer experience pre-pandemic staying in the Condado area.