Deposit question for a cruise

Paul Strut

Hello,

Last year I went in my first cruise ever, a Mediterranean cruise on Brilliance and I paid the full amount of the cruise and have no info about deposits and how they work.

So, for example, I want to book a cruise for next year in September that is now 909 Euros and I have to pay a deposit of 500 euros.

If the cruise gets expensive or cheaper in the meantime, I have to pay the remaining balance from the 909 euros or the price of the cruise in the day -500 euros. 

I`m asking because I know for the Alcoholic Package if you buy it and if the price gets down, you can refund it and get it cheaper.

Thank you guys!

Also, be sure to get an invoice that shows credit for deposit paid and remaining balance. The invoice will show if you've prepaid gratuities in case they go up. As long as they are listed on the invoice you don't really pay them until final payment date. Recommend using a travel agent who will get all invoices for you and answer questions.