No-show Refund

Ampurp85

Hello fellow cruisers.

On my last sailing, Oct 15th Allure, I had a person in my party who was too sick to attend. I know that CP items and port taxes and fees are returned but how about prepaid gratuity?? I paid on my card, so I received a refund. It was a random lump, so I had to figure out what was returned, and it looks like the gratuities were not. I thought if you didn't cruise, they would also be returned, is this not the case?

54 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Hello fellow cruisers.

On my last sailing, Oct 15th Allure, I had a person in my party who was too sick to attend. I know that CP items and port taxes and fees are returned but how about prepaid gratuity?? I paid on my card, so I received a refund. It was a random lump, so I had to figure out what was returned, and it looks like the gratuities were not. I thought if you didn't cruise, they would also be returned, is this not the case?

Yes, those prepaid grats should be refunded.  I hate the way Royal refunds items.  It's so willy-nilly.  I'd give it a couple more days and then start the calls....   Good luck.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Hello fellow cruisers.

I will be in a similar situation next week. Do you know how RC determines which card to credit for port charges? Do they use the actual card that paid the charges or does it go to the card used on board? Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jakejosa said:

I will be in a similar situation next week. Do you know how RC determines which card to credit for port charges? Do they use the actual card that paid the charges or does it go to the card used on board? Thanks!

It goes back to the card that made the charges, not the card on file unless it is the same one.