Miniature Ship Mania

Hi there, happy to be here with you all!

We are newer to cruising on Royal (we began cruising just over a year ago, but have since been on 7ish cruises spanning the seasons). On our first Royal cruise we got an Allure of the Seas ornament (a little 4 inch / 10 cm one with a loop at the top) that was an adorable little ship model. From there we wanted to get one for each ship we sailed with! We have found it to be hit or miss since then as to whether or not those ornament models (and/or the keychain version; see pictures below) are available. We are on the Freedom of the Seas right now and saw the shop actually had the ornament, after not finding them on our last 3 cruises. This find inspired us to seek your wisdom and insight: Does anyone else collect these ornaments and/or know their prevalence? Are the ornaments are seasonal or in short supply? Are they phasing them out? (Noooo!) We are just curious if continuing to hunt these will be fruitful and, if not, we may want to switch to the much bigger models in the blue boxes which seem to be available on every boat. Any guidance would be extremely helpful and appreciated! Thank you everybody!

E882571E-4DCC-4C8B-8F5D-3D5BD869448E.jpeg

2DF8C9FF-C3C8-4954-A13B-A8BB97A262B9.jpeg

We've been lucky and have gotten most of the ships we sailed on. A few ships didn't have them so we had to get a medallion type ornament.  The one new problem is that they switched vendors since Covid and the some of our models are smaller then their sister. ie I've got an Odyssey ofS that smaller then my Quantum ofS , go fig.

21 hours ago, barjpoe said:

We've been lucky and have gotten most of the ships we sailed on. A few ships didn't have them so we had to get a medallion type ornament.  The one new problem is that they switched vendors since Covid and the some of our models are smaller then their sister. ie I've got an Odyssey ofS that smaller then my Quantum ofS , go fig.

Do you happen to recall which ships didn’t have ship type ornaments? I believe we were not able to find them on Symphony or Serenade. We’ve only been collecting since COVID so I think they’ve been consistent manufacturer wise. Thanks barjpoe!