Check in times on Vancouver sailings?

JFCruise

I have an Alaska sailing for next year on Quantum. Because of tides and maybe other stuff, the ship doesn't leave Vancouver until Day 2, at 3:00 am. That's fine by me.

However - I was wonder if anyone has had a sailing like this before. I'm very interested in knowing what are are the check-in times during sailings like this. My hope is to arrive the day before, and at least be able to do some sightseeing in Vancouver before boarding. Hopefully, since the ship sails pretty late, the check in times would be later.

If the check in times are 'standard' (around 11am to...3?), I might think about staying an extra night in Vancouver.

I would appreciate if anyone has this sort of info.

13 hours ago, JFCruise said:

I asked about this some time ago, apparently I can't.

That’s a bit disappointing though I wonder given it’s the first day on the ship if you’d be too excited to go anyhow. It would probably also be logistically difficult to run a gangway and a check in at the same time 

15 hours ago, JFCruise said:

I asked about this some time ago, apparently I can't.

This is correct. Leaving later is simply treated as leaving at a normal time. Once you are onboard, you only disembark at scheduled port stops. It would be a logistical nightmare to have passengers checking in and others coming in and off the ship at will. Not only would that be difficult for RC staff to coordinate, it would also be difficult for port staff and Customs to monitor all the comings and goings. If you want to go out to dinner in Vancouver, arrive the day before you set sail and do just that! 

2 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

This is correct. Leaving later is simply treated as leaving at a normal time. Once you are onboard, you only disembark at scheduled port stops. It would be a logistical nightmare to have passengers checking in and others coming in and off the ship at will. Not only would that be difficult for RC staff to coordinate, it would also be difficult for port staff and Customs to monitor all the comings and goings. If you want to go out to dinner in Vancouver, arrive the day before you set sail and do just that! 

More than going out to dinner, I wanted to actually tour around Vancouver. I've never been and probably won't be there in a long while. I'm probably staying an extra night then.