xCANCELEDx Explorer of the seas Greece and Adriatic october 12-19 2024

• 3 months later...

Sadly, I was also surprised by this message.  😪

It has now been turned into the "8-Night Greece, Italy & Cyprus" cruise with completely different itineraries. I did not book for this, so unfortunately I will have to cancel the trip. A lot of planning time went into it and unfortunately there is no mention of what happened or why none of the originally planned ports can be visited. Has anyone heard any more information about this? 🙄

On 1/27/2024 at 8:08 PM, Mr.Cruiser said:

Sadly, I was also surprised by this message.  😪

It has now been turned into the "8-Night Greece, Italy & Cyprus" cruise with completely different itineraries. I did not book for this, so unfortunately I will have to cancel the trip. A lot of planning time went into it and unfortunately there is no mention of what happened or why none of the originally planned ports can be visited. Has anyone heard any more information about this? 🙄

Same for me, had already bought plane tickets too, and neither RC, KLM or my travel insurance wants to refund me so I am losing 400$.. not impressed at all... 

It seems like the ship is charteret for a week from Rome to Rome which upends everything, but I am really dissappointed in RC on  this

That‘s strange. RCI wrote me that they offer a limited refund for this cruise for flights not booked through RCI. Maybe they don't do it for you because your flights go via Slovenia or according to your country laws they don't have to. I don‘ know but I understand it‘s really disappointing.

17 hours ago, Mr.Cruiser said:

That‘s strange. RCI wrote me that they offer a limited refund for this cruise for flights not booked through RCI. Maybe they don't do it for you because your flights go via Slovenia or according to your country laws they don't have to. I don‘ know but I understand it‘s really disappointing.

Well the email said they would do that if I chose one of the rebooking options, but not since I chose to cancel...but both KLM and my travel insurance company said RC should pay for it, so I sent them an email, still no answer...

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xCANCELEDx Explorer of the seas Greece and Adriatic october 12-19 2024

Hello! Just wanted to update on this.

When it got cancelled I sent them one email, and Later when I did not hear anything I sent a new one. 

About a month after cancellation i got a final NO from RC Norwegian customer service on refund for my flight, even if KLM and travel insurance said RC should refund me. I was not happy but I put it away, however 2 weeks ago the US customer service replied to my 2nd email, and confirmed that they had talked to KLM and that RC would refund me 3900kr (380$) for my flight, and today I got the refund. I must say (sorry If I am prejudiced) that I never thought US customer service would be more pro customer than the Norwegian one, taking in regard we have one of the worlds strictest customer protection acts, however they proved me wrong. And this has definitely made me view RC in a totally different light, and made me look forward to my upcoming cruise with Oasis a lot more than I did, and I am sure I will spend way more than what it cost them to refund me in the future, and ofcourse talk good of them to followers, customers etc. so It will definitely be worth it for them. So a happy ending to a sad story!