Getting from Naples port to Capri without Excursion?

GJ_123

Hi everyone,

We have a stop in Naples later this week. We are keen to go to Capri again but as per usual the excursion cost is ridiculous. I just wondered has anyone does this trip without an excursion, and know what it would entail? We might just have to do the excursion if it seems like too much hassle, but just wondered if it's possible?

4 hours ago, PJK said:

It's Easier Than You May Think !!

Your ship docks adjacent to the ferry which goes to Capri.

No need to book in advance - we walked off the ship and purchased tickets for the ferry. 

We did the trip the last time we were in Naples ---

Perfect, thank you 🙂

The Capri excursion is $174pp... which as far as I can see basically the ferry and a bus in Capri. The amount they must make off of these excursions is unreal. We will definitely just sort ourselves out to Capri. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, GJ_123 said:

Perfect, thank you 🙂

The Capri excursion is $174pp... which as far as I can see basically the ferry and a bus in Capri. The amount they must make off of these excursions is unreal. We will definitely just sort ourselves out to Capri. Thanks again!

Just make sure you know when the last ferry you can take leaves because if you miss it, getting back can get really costly.  Some ferries (times) are faster than the others by as much as 45 min.    Had some people miss it and ended up having to get a helicopter ride, I can't imagine the cost of that.   But as noted it is really easy to do and the ferry runs frequently.

10 hours ago, Woody14 said:

Just make sure you know when the last ferry you can take leaves because if you miss it, getting back can get really costly.  Some ferries (times) are faster than the others by as much as 45 min.    Had some people miss it and ended up having to get a helicopter ride, I can't imagine the cost of that.   But as noted it is really easy to do and the ferry runs frequently.

Yeah cheers, I did see some are about 50 mins but some slower ferries are double that. It's all aboard at 6:30pm so we will give ourselves plenty time haha. I can imagine plenty of people have been caught out with that before... I sometimes wonder in general how many people don't make it back to the ship because of things like that, or got lost etc. what a nightmare that would be!