Prebooking Specialty Dining

DocLC

I was able to book my specialty dining for the Jewel about 100 days out. However, I noticed that the only times available for Portofino or Chops were 6, 8, and 8:30. Is this normal? Doesn't seem like a lot of flexibility in the dining times and similar to fixed dining times. Also, when I booked Portofino and included my son on the reservation, I had to pay as if I was reserving for three adults in spite of RCI stating that children eat for less ($8 according to the email I received). Is the difference refunded onboard or do I need to call to have an adjustment made?

Thanks for your advice.

For the child, speak to your waiter when you check in at the restaurant.  They can make the adjustment.

As for times, the online booking system and the real reservation times don't always sync up.  You should make a reservation so you have something (and can pay it off now) and then once onboard look at rebooking for a better time.  I've never had issues with this approach.

• 9 months later...

There really isn't any consistency for online booking availability. Apparently it depends upon the ship. I am sailing on the Grandeur Dec 19 out of Baltimore and I made my dining reservations months ago. Most of the ships open their online dining booking 60-90 days ahead but the last time I sailed on the Oasis (Jan of this year) I had to call RCCL to ask why the online booking wasn't yet open (it was about a month away) and the next day the online booking was available. I really don't there's any rhyme or reason to when they do this.

What ship are you on ?