PDCC Cove Beach?

Cactus527

I'm trying to figure out something regarding Perfect Day at Coco Cay.

image.png.2d6b691225e0f24bdb8d01360e3cc79b.png

I found this via this link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-map.pdf . However, I can't find it on any other maps of PDCC. Can someone tell me if this beach is still open and available? I like the idea that it's so far removed from everything else.

3 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

I'm trying to figure out something regarding Perfect Day at Coco Cay.

I found this via this link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-map.pdf . However, I can't find it on any other maps of PDCC. Can someone tell me if this beach is still open and available? I like the idea that it's so far removed from everything else.

Compared to the (admittedly very out of date) satellite shot on Google maps, that part of the beach is only about 60 percent of the way down the coast on that side of the island.  Unless Royal has blocked it off in the last few years, I've walked the whole way to the end of the island.  I only saw a handful of other people.  Obviously there aren't any chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, etc but you could definitely be alone if you wanted.  I walked back by way of the service road in the middle of the island.  (The shore on the other side is too rocky).  Of course this was before plans to add the adult only Hideaway Beach area.  I don't think that construction would stretch into that area but who knows.

18 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Compared to the (admittedly very out of date) satellite shot on Google maps, that part of the beach is only about 60 percent of the way down the coast on that side of the island.  Unless Royal has blocked it off in the last few years, I've walked the whole way to the end of the island.  I only saw a handful of other people.  Obviously there aren't any chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, etc but you could definitely be alone if you wanted.  I walked back by way of the service road in the middle of the island.  (The shore on the other side is too rocky).  Of course this was before plans to add the adult only Hideaway Beach area.  I don't think that construction would stretch into that area but who knows.

Thanks. I guess I'll find out this weekend!

Here's what I discovered:

The beach loungers that are located on the map east of the reserved/for-pay daybeds no longer exists (red Xs). At least, the lifeguards are not allowing anyone down that way. They don't want you going past the rock that's on the shore at the end of the daybed area, marked in black on my map here, so if you want free beach loungers furthest away from the floating bar on South Beach, your only choice is the little sliver between the daybeds and cabanas.

I've been out here all morning in the pouring rain, and it's been delightful. I even got visited by chickens!

PXL_20230923_134759416~2.jpg

PXL_20230923_133430543.jpg