Symphony of the Seas: May 16, 2024 - May 24, 2024 (Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day)

59 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Check out our new schedule.  No Labadee…Nassau instead.  Emails sent out today

Got it….I was so looking forward to Labadee for the 1st time. Oh well😤 We’re doing a B2B so will have the exact same itinerary on the 2nd leg. Good thing we love Symphony…looks like we’ll be seeing a lot of her🤓

Just wish Royal hadn’t switched around our other days…especially CocoCay!  Now we will share the island with Wonder instead of Indy!  😳 The email says they will switch our excursions for us and also cancel the Labadee ones.  I already cancelled those anyway!  But my group is nervous they will lose out on the CocoCay experiences if Royal can’t transfer everything as is.  
Hoping the Cruise Planner catches up with The new itinerary quickly.  I think I am going to try to grab a cabana somewhere if at all possible!

And Nassau!  Ughhh. So my group of moms and kids are looking at Baha Mar (is that the name?).  Wondering what that is like.

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Just wish Royal hadn’t switched around our other days…especially CocoCay!  Now we will share the island with Wonder instead of Indy!  😳 The email says they will switch our excursions for us and also cancel the Labadee ones.  I already cancelled those anyway!  But my group is nervous they will lose out on the CocoCay experiences if Royal can’t transfer everything as is.  
Hoping the Cruise Planner catches up with The new itinerary quickly.  I think I am going to try to grab a cabana somewhere if at all possible!

And Nassau!  Ughhh. So my group of moms and kids are looking at Baha Mar (is that the name?).  Wondering what that is like.

I didn’t notice they switched days for perfect day- that really stinks and sharing with Wonder!?!!   That is crazy!  It is a vacation I was looking forward, I hope it is isn’t too overwhelming with so many people. Also  if you had a cabana reserved and so did Wonder- who wins?

Interesting that someone on CruiseCritic was able to get 10:30am boarding!  But I’m happy with 11am and will definitely be at the port on time, if not a few minutes early.

Now if Royal would please straighten out the Cruise Planner so we can finalize our onboard plans as well as port plans!  

5 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Interesting that someone on CruiseCritic was able to get 10:30am boarding!  But I’m happy with 11am and will definitely be at the port on time, if not a few minutes early.

Now if Royal would please straighten out the Cruise Planner so we can finalize our onboard plans as well as port plans!  

So, yeah, I've been checking frequently for Nassau excursion options. Would possibly like to try a Pearl Island Cabana. I think they are really scrambling due to the change in itinerary for CocoCay. I'm sure all the good stuff is long gone. The same with Nassau. Oh well, like I said earlier...Glad we love Symphony....!!!

16 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

I got 11am for myself but it was gone by the time I got to my husband, so 11:30am it is!! SO EXCITED!!!

So if you got 11 and he got 11:30 don’t you just go at 11 since you are in the same room!  I have a party of 12 and we are all coming on the same bus so my time is 11am and some are 12:30. We are all coming at 11. 

Hello all, thanks so much for writing about this topic. Lots of great info, especially since I didn’t hear from RC directly at all about the changes. With that said, I have a specialty lunch reservation that still shows my original booking on Day 5 (previously at sea), even though that is now the CocoCay stop. Do you know if they will automatically change my reservation, or if I will need to call (gasp, the customer service is difficult to deal with) or I will just have to do it once I get onboard? 

Also, I was able to get a 10 am check-in by logging in right at midnight of April 1.

3 hours ago, sweeneco said:

So if you got 11 and he got 11:30 don’t you just go at 11 since you are in the same room!  I have a party of 12 and we are all coming on the same bus so my time is 11am and some are 12:30. We are all coming at 11. 

Yeah, I’m sure we could, however, I figured it didn’t too much matter because we plan on taking advantage of the ‘flexible arrival boarding’ perk and showing up around 10:30am or so.

Just saw another comment on CC and that person got 10am boarding!  Strange that within a very short span 10a/10:30a/11a all came and went!  Is this typical?  No need to answer…I’m not really asking 😜.  Just wondering out loud!

I’m just looking forward to walking onto this ship in less than 45 days!

5 hours ago, JCNJcruiser said:

Hello all, thanks so much for writing about this topic. Lots of great info, especially since I didn’t hear from RC directly at all about the changes. With that said, I have a specialty lunch reservation that still shows my original booking on Day 5 (previously at sea), even though that is now the CocoCay stop. Do you know if they will automatically change my reservation, or if I will need to call (gasp, the customer service is difficult to deal with) or I will just have to do it once I get onboard? 

Also, I was able to get a 10 am check-in by logging in right at midnight of April 1.

Your onboard reservations will not automatically be moved.  I believe only the CocoCay and Orlando reservations were being moved.  We have similar issue…booked sushi making class on Day 5 and now need it changed and it is more money!  
You can cancel and rebook your lunch reservation rather than calling or waiting.  

20 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Your onboard reservations will not automatically be moved.  I believe only the CocoCay and Orlando reservations were being moved.  We have similar issue…booked sushi making class on Day 5 and now need it changed and it is more money!  
You can cancel and rebook your lunch reservation rather than calling or waiting.  

Thank you for the insights. Unfortunately I got a big discount for Jamie’s, so I don’t think it’d be as simple as canceling and rebooking. Will try to reach customer service to see what they say (was on hold for 30 minutes last night, gave up). Wishing all a happy and fun sailing.

40 minutes ago, JCNJcruiser said:

Thank you for the insights. Unfortunately I got a big discount for Jamie’s, so I don’t think it’d be as simple as canceling and rebooking. Will try to reach customer service to see what they say (was on hold for 30 minutes last night, gave up). Wishing all a happy and fun sailing.

Let me know how you make out!  Our sushi class was also discounted so would be interested to know if they will honor the price!

Good luck!

On 4/2/2024 at 7:35 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Let me know how you make out!  Our sushi class was also discounted so would be interested to know if they will honor the price!

Good luck!

Quick update on my experience with Royal customer service. I decided to contact them via Twitter/X as I’ve heard someone recommending it (possibly Matt from Royalcaribbeanblog.com) and I’ve had luck in the past in quickly resolving issues with airlines. While they were quick to respond and offered some suggestions, it was unsuccessful and the solution was for me to call RC. 🙃

Here is their initial response:

IMG_7443.jpeg.d7f6d332d31f59743a8feee222c3b978.jpeg

When I asked if they could reschedule my reservation, they gave me this:

IMG_7455.thumb.jpeg.ea05df99176d68a356b0f48e55944cd1.jpeg

The issue is that you cannot (at least not for me) make reservation changes via the app or the planner, which is what I found confusing about this directive. Ultimately, it made me realize the Twitter approach wasn’t going to work, so I will have to try to call or reschedule once I get onboard.

Interestingly, I discovered that they may still be doing lunch and the sushi class on Day 5 (CocoCay). I’ve always thought there were no specialty dining during port days, so perhaps I’m wrong. Even if that’s the case, that impacts the day at CocoCay, which is really the only port I’m looking forward to since they changed the itinerary.

Hope this bit of info helps.

5 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Looks like Dining is back up in the App…..can see menus for restaurants but not bars. Now I can plan when I’m going to book my Specialty Dining, CK or Main. YAAAAAAY🎊🎉

22 DAYS TO GO!!

(Sorry @PPPJJ-GCVAB if I stole your countdown thunder😜🤣🤪)

The more the merrier when it comes to excited countdowners!