Tipping?

Anders11

I understand that the room service fee includes gratuity but are we expected to tip on delivery and collection?

We don’t tip where I’m from so I find the whole tipping process very awkward, especially when gratuity is “included”.

In the past I have tipped even when gratuity is on the bill because it feels awkward not to.

1 hour ago, Anders11 said:

I understand that the room service fee includes gratuity but are we expected to tip on delivery and collection?

We don’t tip where I’m from so I find the whole tipping process very awkward, especially when gratuity is “included”.

In the past I have tipped even when gratuity is on the bill because it feels awkward not to.

If gratuity is included by default on a service, there is no reason to feel awkward by not tipping any further

Gratuity for room servants, etc is all included. You will card on file will be charged at the end of your sailing and you will be given a copy of the receipt. You can give additional cash tips (there will be an envelope in your stateroom) if you choose. I typically only give an additional tip if the service was above and beyond.

I tip on meal delivery to the cabin, as it seems proper for me.  Someone had to bring me my food, rather than me going to get it.  I don't tip for someone to come collect what remains when we are done eating.  Usually that seems to happen while we are out and about on the ship.  Maybe the room steward takes care of it?  These folks who take care of us during the cruise are usually hard working and not extravagantly paid.  If I can afford the cruise, I figure I can share a little more with them than the pre-paid tips.  Just my opinion and what I choose to do.  I don't think there is any need to feel awkward -- just do whatever seems appropriate to you.