Thermal Spa question

Linda R

Just curious, I was about to reserve thermal spa for upcoming cruise.  It shows I need to pick a time for day 1.  Was wondering why and if this is just day 1?   I was not planning to use on first day and do not know times for other days yet.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks

You will need to pick a time but can use thermal spa at any time during operating hours. This is an issue with the way the cruise planner is set up for booking spa sessions. It was designed for spa services like a massage which are booked for specific times so it makes you pick one when selecting it. You can also disregard the 15 min duration. Duration is also one of the things system has for the other services.

1 hour ago, Cactus527 said:

Can I piggyback off this? My TA said he'd never go on a ship without a thermal spa, and I have been on a few that have them. However, I am absolutely clueless as to what they are, how they work, why I would use one, etc. What is a thermal spa? #clueless

Royal's are a bit limited versus what's found on other lines. With Royal, the thermal suite is a sauna, steam room, fancy shower (themed shower settings, think things like rainforest), and heated stone loungers. There isn't a thermal suite pool or such that some other lines offer. However, older Royal ships might have complementary saunas and steam rooms in the changing rooms for the gym.

18 hours ago, amanalo217 said:

You will need to pick a time but can use thermal spa at any time during operating hours. This is an issue with the way the cruise planner is set up for booking spa sessions. It was designed for spa services like a massage which are booked for specific times so it makes you pick one when selecting it. You can also disregard the 15 min duration. Duration is also one of the things system has for the other services.

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

Can I piggyback off this? My TA said he'd never go on a ship without a thermal spa, and I have been on a few that have them. However, I am absolutely clueless as to what they are, how they work, why I would use one, etc. What is a thermal spa? #clueless

It is a sauna, steam room. hot tile loungers, and showers.   I really enjoy it.

We absolutely love it.   It is really designed Luke a spa environment.  Its dark lighting with spa music.  The rain shower is amazing.

We actually go directly to the spa as soon as we come back to the ship to use the shower...even when we have a suite with a real shower...not the tube.  Started doing it to avoid the elevator crush.  

We also would go midday on sea days right before going to lunch.

Make sure you remember to get the scrub.

54 minutes ago, Gilley said:

Isn’t there limited slots available for the Thermal Suites?   I wondering if waiting to book online will be too late, as there may not be any slots avaialble?

I was able to book on Harmony on New Years cruise and on Odyssey on spring break cruise on day 3 without problem. Both were full capacity. That being said, no guarantees.