Allure or Utopia of the Seas for August 2024?

I will be taking my family on a surprise cruise (their very first one) on Allure of the Seas for a 3 night sailing from Miami in August of 2024. When Utopia of the Seas was announced, it was also slated for 3 night sailings except from Port Canaveral. I know that a newer ship is more expensive, but do you think I should switch my refundable deposit to Utopia?

My fear is that since Allure of the Seas didnt have the full dry dock as it was supposed to, it may be cancelled to be put in dry dock and therefore we may not have a chance to go. Otherwise I'm very happy to go on Allure of the Seas instead of Utopia

3 hours ago, Jayalekznder said:

My fear is that since Allure of the Seas didnt have the full dry dock as it was supposed to, it may be cancelled to be put in dry dock and therefore we may not have a chance to go. 

Dry docks are scheduled way in advance and if you can book the dates they should cruise. No one can predict emergency repairs so I wouldn't worry about that.  Royal would also refund you 100% if they don't sail. The change I would make would be to a 4 nighter. We have been on Allure twice and it is awesome. Being your first cruise you don't know what your missing with the newer ships. The short cruises on Oasis class make it hard to see and do everything, another day makes a big difference. Consider staying on the ship in Nassau or walking to the straw market and get back on board. The port isn't all that great and it will give you more time to explore the ship. These ships are massive and it takes awhile to see everything. Allure or Utopia are more like a small city block with a resort style hotel. Keep asking questions we are a friendly bunch.   

23 minutes ago, foxrunner said:

Dry docks are scheduled way in advance and if you can book the dates they should cruise. No one can predict emergency repairs so I wouldn't worry about that.  Royal would also refund you 100% if they don't sail. The change I would make would be to a 4 nighter. We have been on Allure twice and it is awesome. Being your first cruise you don't know what your missing with the newer ships. The short cruises on Oasis class make it hard to see and do everything, another day makes a big difference. Consider staying on the ship in Nassau or walking to the straw market and get back on board. The port isn't all that great and it will give you more time to explore the ship. These ships are massive and it takes awhile to see everything. Allure or Utopia are more like a small city block with a resort style hotel. Keep asking questions we are a friendly bunch.   

Thank you for the response foxrunner!!! very much appreciated!!!