Radiance of the Seas smoking area summer 2023

Shari

4 hours ago, The Fox said:

When we were on Radiance a year ago, we had to request the housekeeping manager to bring a table. We received 1 table. Chairs were not plentiful but were there. We were quite disappointed with the area reserved for smoking.

We were on the Radiance in October 2022 and hubby and friend requested a table and for the first to 2 days had to keep requesting one.  They were hassled about it.  We are trying to find out if the table is still there or have to go through the hassle again.  I found a March 2023 video that shows the same table and more chairs available in the smoking section now.  We were led to believe that a previous captain did not like smoking and made it "uncomfortable" so that smokers would not hang around very long.  Hard to do when smoking cigars though. Also that was our 3rd time an the Radiance and the only time no tables were available.

23 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I have never heard or see of that on ANY Royal cruise or cruise period!

You had to ask housekeeping for  chair to sit outside on the pool deck or on Deck 5?

Better not be the same captain when I cruise on Radiance. There will be daily complaints made if that's the case.

Our request was for the pool deck.  Deck 5 never had any tables and people had to pull over stacked up deck chairs in order to sit on deck 5.  Also they would only bring ONE table for all of the smokers to use on the pool deck area.  When are you sailing on the Radiance?