Wonderland with Dietary Restrictions

DavidNYC

Hi - wanted to do Wonderland on Symphony in a few weeks.   A couple of us have some food restrictions.   I saw the menus and wanted to be sure when you selected the appetizer choices - you weren't limited to one from each list for the entire table but that each person could choose what they wanted to have.  While there were things for each of us - there were fewer things that would be good for ALL of us.

First, let RCCL know of your dietary restrictions ahead of time.

Second, when you are seated and the waiter comes, he/she will typically go into a pre-written script saying something like, let me order a variety of dishes for you.  Make sure you let the waiter know ahead of time that you want to choose by yourself or that you have dietary restrictions.  We just let the waiter choose for us.

Third, most, if not all of the appetizers, are sharable depending upon your party size.  For instance, the smoked deviled eggs come with 3 deviled eggs, but the tuna cones are 4 pieces (if I remember correctly).  So if you allow the waiter to choose for you and someone cannot eat one of the dishes, then hopefully that person can enjoy one of the other dishes.

My experience is that RCCL is very responsive to dietary restrictions and needs.

1 hour ago, barjpoe said:

And (I think its called) the Mad Hatter Shrimp is just 1.

Are you talking about the piece of shrimp fried with some lattice type coating?  If so, it is one per person, and everyone in our group got one.  I don't know if this counts as a single appetizer with 4 servings of 1 piece of shrimp or a single appetizer with a single shrimp.  I do recall that I liked it very much.

• 3 weeks later...

As a pescatarian Wonderland was a struggle. I will say the waiter wait above and beyond to make sure we didn't eat something we shouldnt. We learned that there is a lot of gelatin in the food at Wonderland. I would suggest letting them know as soon as you sit down. 
I say this, I will totally go again, but be prepared to not be able to have all the menu.