Specialty dining party of 8

We are sailing on the Odyssey in December as a party of 8 with 2 linked reservations. I was hoping to book a night at Giovanni's but am finding that I cannot book in advance for a party larger than 6. Is this typical? Any suggestions for how to book this in advance or should I just wait until we board and try with the concierge or at the restaurant then? TIA!

9 minutes ago, NewlyRoyalBuckeye said:

We are sailing on the Odyssey in December as a party of 8 with 2 linked reservations. I was hoping to book a night at Giovanni's but am finding that I cannot book in advance for a party larger than 6. Is this typical? Any suggestions for how to book this in advance or should I just wait until we board and try with the concierge or at the restaurant then? TIA!

Not sure how you should handle it but I do know the reservation system takes party size into account. When we were booking Mason Jar brunch for our party of 8 on Wonder for our sailing last month, there were more options if I put in 2 or 4 than when I put in 8 (but we did make a reservation for 8).