Ovation of the Seas - Corner Grand Lofts

Hi everyone,

My Wife and I are looking at booking a Grand Loft Suite for a New Zealand cruise and I'm wondering if anyone has an experience with the grand loft suites on Ovation. My first instinct is to pick one of the corner rooms on Deck 10, but are there advantages to the center grand lofts on deck 8 or the center grand lofts on deck 10 that I haven't considered. Thanks in advance. 

40 minutes ago, JazzBassMan said:

Hi everyone,

My Wife and I are looking at booking a Grand Loft Suite for a New Zealand cruise and I'm wondering if anyone has an experience with the grand loft suites on Ovation. My first instinct is to pick one of the corner rooms on Deck 10, but are there advantages to the center grand lofts on deck 8 or the center grand lofts on deck 10 that I haven't considered. Thanks in advance. 

I have only sailed on Anthem, so I have no direct experience with Ovation or any of the other Q class ships.  My comments are going to assume that the 2 ships have the same design for the GLS.

We have stayed in both the center and corner GLS on Anthem and I cannot recommend the corner GLS.

They are much smaller than the center suites.  They are smaller in actual square footage, but more importantly, they feel MUCH smaller due to the geometry of the ship - the corner units cut away much of the open space due to the angle of the ship's hull.

The upstairs, in particular, is waaayyyyy more cramped than the center suites.  You lose an entire dressing/closet area due to the angled sides.  We could not even fit all of our hanging clothes into the one very small closet upstairs in the corner suite.  We had to put some of our hanging clothes in the closet downstairs.  It was very inconvenient.

The corner units do have 3 small exterior balconies (its one and only possible plus), as opposed to the 1 large balcony of the center suites, but we found those other 2 [extra] small balconies to be useless. Those 2 small balconies do NOT make up for the rest of the deficiencies of the corner GLS.

Assuming no other differences between the Ovation and Anthem, I recommend the center GLS on Deck 10.  Deck 8 is much noisier.

52 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I recommend the center GLS on Deck 10.  Deck 8 is much noisier.

Thanks! this is good info. From the deck plan and interior photos Anthem and Ovation look pretty much the same, so they would probably have the same layout issues you describe. I'll go with a middle GS on Deck 10.