Radiance of the Seas - April 8, 2024 (14 Night Panama Canal Cruise)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 10:49 AM, 14Terry said:

Made hotel reservation, (hotel is right next to the cruise pier). Now, looking at flights. 

We are Steven and Moselle from Austin, TX. What hotel did you pick? We are staying at the The Westin Tampa Waterside. Does anyone have any comments about this hotel?

My wife wants to know if anyone out there plays mah jongg. There are going to be be a lot of sea days and if I can't find anyone that plays I am going to have to learn. HELP!!!

Steven

Welcome Steve and Moselle! Wife & I are staying at the Home2 Suites Tampa Downtown Channel District, (next to the cruise Terminals). I’m certain there will be mah jongg players on board this cruise 🙂

I haven’t heard of anyone winning a Royal Up bid yet, stay tuned 🙂

It seems that some ships are having a difficult time getting slots to transit the canal. This is due to low water levels in Gatun Lake. I know that Rhapsody OTS, while it starts in Colon, no longer does even a partial transit. Does anyone out there have a crystal ball to forsee any issues with our cruise?

26 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

It seems that some ships are having a difficult time getting slots to transit the canal. This is due to low water levels in Gatun Lake. I know that Rhapsody OTS, while it starts in Colon, no longer does even a partial transit. Does anyone out there have a crystal ball to forsee any issues with our cruise?

No crystal ball.  Just a hunch.  I truly do not believe that the Radiance transits were cancelled due to low water levels.  I believe that Panama has increased the price to the point that recreational transits are just not economically feasible.  Tactical transits, out of necessity, are still required but not the ones that are transitting just to transit.  JMHO

I have been on cruises to the Caribbean and Mexico and just brought USD with me. We are going to lot of countries that I am not familiar with, Colombia, Panama, Guatemala. What do you do for spending money? Just use the credit card for everything?