Car rental Port Canaveral enterprise

Hi.

I will be cruise on the oasis of the Seas aug 13 from nyc. Our stop to port Canaveral is on the Wednesday. However enterprise car rental is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Could that be on days where a cruise ship arrives? To me doesn't make sense.

What price are we talking about?

Thanks for your help 

50 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Hi.

I will be cruise on the oasis of the Seas aug 13 from nyc. Our stop to port Canaveral is on the Wednesday. However enterprise car rental is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Could that be on days where a cruise ship arrives? To me doesn't make sense.

What price are we talking about?

Thanks for your help 

Don't think it's worth it for them to be open midweek. Most of the business is on other days.

15 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Ok so a cruise ship arrives with thousands of people on a Tuesday and you are closed?

From what I've seen they tend to focus on the weekends/week-long trips. Most of the cars aren't even there. They rely on them coming from MCO at Airport and rent them right back. Arrivals and departures.

24 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Well that's exactly my point. Our cruise ship will dock on the 15 aug when they are supposed to be closed. If they focus on cruises then I'm pretty sure that they will open that day  

Focused on cruise passengers starting/ending their cruises. Not ones on a port stop.

26 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Well that's exactly my point. Our cruise ship will dock on the 15 aug when they are supposed to be closed. If they focus on cruises then I'm pretty sure that they will open that day  

They don't come up as an option that day. And chances now of them not being booked completely for any day in August is slim to none. They generally wait for the cars to come from the airport on Sat and Sun morning. People use on way there to get to ship. Then people get off ship and rent back to Orlando. Midweek would just be excursion business, which they cannot do with no cars to rent. Maybe I missed something. My search (Travelocity) shows nearest available cars 14 miles from Port. What did your search get? 

They only focus on the days that people are getting on and off - Fridays to Mondays usually are the big days. One ship stopping for a port of call doesn't create enough of a need to be open. Most people on port of call days use Uber/Lyft or the shuttle services for excursions.

Where are you trying to go utilizing a rental car?