REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR BOARDING CRUISE

Ash1993

Hello! My sweet parents got me and my new husband a cruise for our wedding gift. Unfortunately, the sailing dates did not give me much time to get a passport. When I submitted the passport application we had less than 13 weeks before sailing so I went the expedited route. It shows it was received and in process on 04/03/2023. I am afraid it will still not arrive on time. Before receiving the gift I had already changed my last name. I have been married previously. Now my driver’s license has my married name and my birth certificate has my maiden name. My marriage license has my previous married name, and my divorce decree also has my previous married name except within the decree it states my maiden name. Would I have any issues boarding if I bring my DL, my birth certificate, my marriage license, and my divorce decree highlighting my maiden name in there?

We had the exact same situation with my son and wife's passports. My wife had also been previously married. As it became apparent that her passport was not going to get to us in time we spent a hectic week making sure we had all certified copies of, birth certificate, both marriage licenses, and her divorce decree, also a state ID. They looked at her ID, her birth certificate and our marriage certificate, which also listed her birth name. I'm not sure what CBP looked at on disembarkation as we had to go through separate lines, it it went quite smoothly. So definitely bring everything. My son's passport came in the day before he flew down to FL, my wife's came in while we were on the cruise. Now that we've got all these documents together I'm making sure I've got them where I can find them again.